In this stage of my Morgana drawing, I added some base color to the background to add some color variety.
Also the corsage was depicted, for this I used a simple round brush, hard and soft edged.
A specific tip for brushes in Photoshop:
- When working with brushes in Photoshop, work from big to small and from grayscale to color.
- Add the option “sprinkle” to your brush in the settings dialog, this makes soft round-brushes more traditional looking and gives structured gradients.
- Just use 2 brushes:
- A rectangular one for rough strokes, backgrounds. This can be big, structured and should be hard edged, any PS standard rectangular brush tip will do.
- For the round brush use a standard as well and shape it to your liking, go through the brush setting, experiment with the settings and get familiar with your tablet.
- If you found two great brushes to work with, congratulation! You don´t need much else, now draw - draw -DRAW!
- Get the fundamentals down, otherwise the fancy stuff isn´t going to work.
Why are you still reading, get to your drawing!