For a new project I´m working on I will use a 3d software and due to that circumstance I have abandoned the Mac Software Cheetah3d and got into blender as it is a very capable tool and not too hard to learn either, besides that, it is totally free. Today I got to setup my studio with a test-lighting on a head-scan (courtesy of Infinite realities) For this new project I will soon post in-progress-shots to support my submissions elsewhere and also to track my progress or learning curve on using sculptris and Blender. The sketching phase is a bit more daunting, but it makes a lot fun to create textures with the node editors and use the light to get realistic results. 

After several changes and definition of the faces, heres an update on the Vampire-book cover for Seraphim: Carpe Noctem. I left out some minor changes of the precoloring stage, so this is a bigger leap towards the final work. The fence was just blocked in the background to give an impression of perspective and is by no means something I´d keep this way! What I like about doing such work digitally is the possibility to try out things and deliver instant feedback of thoughts. This tryout with a different fence/doorway changed the whole outcome of the final work, so stay tuned how it develops.

After several changes and definition of the faces, heres an update on the Vampire-book cover for Seraphim: Carpe Noctem. I left out some minor changes of the precoloring stage, so this is a bigger leap towards the final work. The fence was just blocked in the background to give an impression of perspective and is by no means something I´d keep this way! What I like about doing such work digitally is the possibility to try out things and deliver instant feedback of thoughts. This tryout with a different fence/doorway changed the whole outcome of the final work, so stay tuned how it develops.

Again I had a little time to work on the Night Gaunt painting. This is not the final yet, I have 3 more steps showing the progress. The previous sketches can be found here, here and here. Basically I have found a nice background stock-image by http://skybase.deviantart.com that helps to give the whole scene a nice atmosphere and depth. At this stage I decided to just worked out the details on the body.

Again I had a little time to work on the Night Gaunt painting. This is not the final yet, I have 3 more steps showing the progress. The previous sketches can be found here, here and here. Basically I have found a nice background stock-image by http://skybase.deviantart.com that helps to give the whole scene a nice atmosphere and depth. At this stage I decided to just worked out the details on the body.